Friday, May 8, 2015

Oplismenus project

I have two students who will be working on wavy leaf genetics and physiology this summer, and would greatly appreciate help from all of you to (1) send us fresh tissue, and/or (2) give us locations of known populations.  I'm particularly hopeful we can find some native populations this spring for comparisons.

It's been speculated that the invasive and native lineages differ in their tolerance to shade, which may influence where they can colonize.  If we can also find some NATIVE populations, my student and I will travel to those locations and take some photosynthetic measurements to test for differences in photosynthetic light response curves.

 
Thanks for your help, and please let me know if you have any questions!
 
Best,
Carrie
__________________

Carrie Wu, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Department of Biology

University of Richmond

Richmond, VA 23173

 

phone:  804-289-8712