Call for Presentations
December 13-15th, 2017
Gaylord Opryland Hotel
We invite you to join us for the first Innovations in Invasive Species Management Conference and Workshop to be held in Nashville, TN December 13-15th, 2017 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. This year’s meeting will be co-hosted by the National Military Fish and Wildlife Association’s Invasive Species Working Group the Tennessee Invasive Plant Council the Southeast Exotic Pest Plant Council the National Association of Invasive Plant Councils and Invasive Plant Control, Inc. .
To register for the Innovations in Invasive Species Management Conference and Workshop please visit Eventbrite by clicking on the following link: Click here to Register for the Innovations Conference and Workshop
Who Should Attend?
- · Department of Defense Land Managers
- · Public and private land managers
- · Not for profit land managers
- · Municipal staff (parks and recreation, public works, inland wetlands/conservation commissions)
- · Nursery, tree and landscape professionals
- · Landscape architects and designers
- · State and federal employees
- · Members of conservation organizations
- · Educators, students
- · Gardening enthusiasts
- · Private landowners
- · Concerned citizens
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS Pesticide Recertification Credits and other Continuing Education Credits will be offered.
Hotel and Conference Location
Gaylord Opryland Hotel Experience the finest in Southern hospitality at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee. Our premier Opryland hotel offers guests an unforgettable getaway with all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof. Located only 10 minutes from the airport and featuring an extraordinary selection of dining, shopping, recreational activities and entertainment, there’s never a shortage of things to do at our resort. After unwinding at Relâche Spa & Salon, practice your swing at Gaylord Springs Golf Links, make a splash at our indoor or outdoor pool, hit the gym at our state-of-the-art fitness center, or explore our nine acres of lush, indoor gardens and cascading waterfalls.
Call for Presentations
For the 2017 meeting we are requesting proposals related to:
- All aspects of Invasive Species Management
- Where does installation of native plant material fit into the restoration scheme
- Management of invasive species in sensitive areas
- Managing Behaviors in Invasive Species Management
- Specific Invasive Species Control applications
- Use of Innovative Tools and Equipment for on the Ground Invasive Species Management
- Using Drones to Manage Invasive Species
- State Specific Talks related to Invasive Species management
- Developing and implementing a Weed Wrangle
- Weed control projects or research from diverse habitats
- Mapping using UAVs
- Coordinating volunteers and communicating with the public
- Management of key Invasives: Success Stories and Progress Reports
Types of proposals we are seeking:
- · Outdoor Equipment Demonstrations
- · General Session Oral Presentations 15-45 minutes in length
- · Poster Presentations
Deadline for entry is July 20th, 2017.
- Oral Presentations will be 15-45 minutes long with 5-10 minutes for discussion and questions. Presentations will be included in a relevant general oral session, or in an organized oral session if appropriate.
- Poster Presentations will occur during a poster session on Thursday evening December 14th. We ask that you be present during the session to present your poster and answer questions. Posters should be no larger than 4x4 ft.
- Outdoor Equipment Demonstrations will occur on Friday December 15th on the Opryland Grounds and at local parks in the hotel vicinity. If you are interested in offering an equipment demonstration please contact Steven Manning
Note to Students: We encourage student submissions. Students who want to present at the conference should submit their abstract according to the outlines on this page.
For Symposia and Organized Oral Sessions, abstracts must be submitted for each presentation.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically to Steven Manning. Your email must include the document in the format described below, with this subject line:
· Subject: (presenter’s last name) and type of submission (i.e. organized oral session, symposium, workshop, general oral session, or general poster session)
Abstract Content and Style for Papers and Posters
Each submitted abstract must include the following. Please carefully adhere to these guidelines: Attach your abstract in Microsoft Word, using one-inch margins and Times New Roman, 10 pt. font. Single space the abstract and separate each section with a single line space.
- Title of Presentation
- Contact information
- Brief Description
- Speaker Bio